Thursday, January 19, 2012

Coconut Dream Smoothie

BE PREPARED FOR THE MOST DELICIOUS SMOOTHIE YOU WILL EVER TASTE!!

So I wasn't going to share any Raw recipes until I wrote my post introducing raw food and its benefits to you, but this smoothie has to be an exception because it is soooo gooood!!! I get a lot of emails from a lot of my Raw food mentors, one of which is the gorgeous Karen Knowler. I have a folder in my email that I store all my e-newsletters, a lot contain recipes etc. Eventually when I have time I go through them all and read the articles and save the recipes. So I did just this yesterday and found this smoothie recipe in one of Karen's emails.

I was so excited to try this one, that I went out and bought the ingredients straight away and made it for lunch today. I can't even begin to explain the feeling Tommy and I got when we took our first sip. Karen described it best when she said "it makes you feel comforted as if you've just drunk a big fat hug". Tommy thinks it's like similar to rice pudding and I think it's like coconut custard! You could eat it in a bowl with a spoon as a dessert as well!!

'Spiral Organic' is my favourite coconut milk. It's of course organic and available from Mrs Flannery's. However any organic coconut milk will taste delicious!!



This smoothie is the most simple, quick and easy smoothie and only requires a couple of ingredients. You can either drink it warm or cold, by putting the coconut milk in the fridge before making it.


Four simple, cheap, delicious ingredients :)


Coconut Dream Smoothie

1 can organic coconut milk
1 medium mango
4 medjool dates
1 tsp vanilla extract or scrapings from 1 vanilla bean pod

Blend all ingredients until combined.. ENJOY!! <3

Check out Karen's website: www.therawfoodcoach.com and subscribe to her E-newsletters
Also, like her on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KarenKnowlerFanPage



♥ LOVE BEC ♥  

XXX




No comments:

Post a Comment