Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Breakfast Scrambled Tofu

Being in 10 degree C weather does have its perks... It's great snuggle weather, and I crave hot hearty healthy food... I still try to keep my diet at, at least 50-70% raw, which is not as hard as it might seem, even in the cold. However, there's nothing better than cooking something hot to warm you up! I have seen scrambled tofu recipes on hundreds of different vegan websites, blogs, books etc, so I decided to give it a go myself. I stuck with the basics that most recipes use, and just jazzed it up myself a little and served it with my favourite things to eat with a hot breakfast.

This is super easy to make, full of protein and good fats, and while I don't condone a carbohydrate-free diet, I rarely eat bread, so I have made this breaky (grain) carb free. However feel free to serve with a slice of wholegrain/dark rye bread.



Scrambled Tofu

200g firm tofu, crumbled
2 spring onions, finely sliced
2 tsp tamari
2 tsp savoury yeast flakes
½ tsp turmeric
2-3 tbsp water
Chopped fresh parsley and/or chives to garnish
Freshly ground pepper
Celtic/Himalayan pink salt
Coconut/Extra virgin olive oil
Portobello mushroom, stem removed
3 Asparagus stems
1/4 tomato, cut into wedges
1/4 avocado, sliced

Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Place mushroom and a little water in pan and cover. Turn mushrooms when it starts to soften. Cover and cook until soft all the way through. Remove from pan. 

Add a little more oil (if required) fry spring onions and tofu for a minute or two.
Add tamari, yeast flakes, turmeric and water to pan and fry for a further minute. 
Add tomato wedges and asparagus to the pan and cook until slightly softened and browned.
Remove pan from heat and stir the fresh herbs through tofu. Add cracked black pepper and celtic salt to taste.

Serve tofu in the portobello mushroom, arrange other items around it and enjoy the delicious flavours!!

♥ LOVE BEC ♥  

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment